Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Getting Ready.....

From today I have 19 days until I am on a plane headed out to California.  I am sitting here trying to even begin to put a list together of what I need to do to get ready not only my house in Minnesota but also my new student life in California my brain just spins in circles. 

I have been so lucky to have so much support in my journey to this place in my life now; the first would have to be the wonderful support of my partner, Matthew.  I still remember the first time I saw him and how I knew that he was going to be apart of my life.  He has been my rock through all of this and even puts up with my craziness and encouraging me those times that I wanted to just give up. 

Then I also have my priest Katherine; now I will be the first to say that I am so happy that she has been such a wonderful part of this journey.  She has challenged me to work on those things in my life that I might not have wanted to deal with.  She has also put up with my millions of questions that I have had through this process.  She has sat with me on the phone and in person for countless hours and walked with me through this journey from the thick and thin. 

My sister has also become a wonderful supporter of me through this journey.  There were times that we never got along and to be able to have such a wonderful sister is such a great blessing.  My nephews also have been so supportive because they are the best nephews an uncle could ever ask for.  (OK I am a bit biased but oh well) 

Then there is my extended family, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles and my cousins.  I love that even though they are so far away they are supporting me throughout this process.  Thanks to Facebook I am able to get encouragement from my relatives.

Finally, there are the many friends and church community that I have been blessed to have in my life.  If I were to name each of you I think I would run out of space but honestly each person that I have to come to know in my life has helped me to grow as a person as well as be supported when I needed them. 

I can not thank all of these people enough for their love, support and prayers; I am so lucky and grateful to God for having these people in my life. 

So after sharing all this wonderful support you might be wondering; "Jason what is the big deal?"  Well a wise person once told me, "Jason some of our greatest adventures are those times when we are the most scared."  I know that everything is going to be OK, but I think that the next few weeks are going to be hard as I say goodbye to people here in Minnesota and start my school life. 

I think that this picture best explains where my mind is......


Peace,

Jason Lucas