Monday, September 13, 2010

One week of Class done many more to go....

Well I have finished my first week of classes and even finished my first paper, there is a lot to learn.  I spent the week sitting in classes and looking over the syllabus for each class and wondering how am I going to get it all done.  I think that the best I can do is to get my routine down.  Having this routine will help me to be sure that I am going to get everything done the best I can. 

This past week Matthew and I also celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary.  I thought that I was going to be doing ok with it becuae I was busy all day long, I had classes, I had community night.  However, it finally hit me that he was not with me and that we were spending the anniversary alone. Last night I was talking with my grandmother and she asked me, "are you doing what you want to be doing?  Are you happy?"  My answers to each of these questions was YES!  I do feel that this is what God is calling me to as well as this is what I need to be doing to be able continue to discern God's call.

This weekend the first year class went on our class retreat.  This was a wonderful time, it was at the St. Dorthy's retreat center in California.  We spent time in prayer as well as relaxing and it was such a beautiful place.  While I was there we created these things call Mandalas (not sure about the spelling) where we created artistic representations about our journey to where we are now. First I realized that Mrs. Hight was correct that there are some people that can do arts and crafts and that I was not one of them.  This helped me to be remember that this journey really has helped me grow.  The picture of it is below.  This shows that I have really grown from a small plant in the center to this wonderful flower.  My heart has grown so much, this process has streatched me and has helped me to grow.  I know that the stretching is going to continue but I am really starting to see how much I really have grown and become a new person.

Well that is it for now....more to come!

Peace,
Jason Lucas