Friday, October 22, 2010

Heading Home for a week....

It is really hard to imagine that the semester is already half over and I am now on my way home for our fall break.  I still have homework to do but I am so excited to be with Matthew and the animals.  I did not know that grad school was going to be so hard emotionally.  I knew that it was not going to be easy but I just thought that it would be all good and everything will be fine. I will say that this week it hit hard that it gets lonely while I am in California.  I had been studying for a mid-term and trying to be sure that I am doing all the homework I need to be successful.  I would get frusterated and overwhelmed and I would turn to tell Matthew and he was not there.  I did not even have the pugs to make everything better.  Then I turned to the cards....I kept all the cards that I received during my going away party as well as the cards that I received while I was in California.  I felt the love and support that I am receiving from everyone and it really made me feel less lonely.

When I come home things are going to be different, Matthew has started living his life and he is getting used to me being gone and I worry that I am going to feel like a visitor in my own house but I will see.  All I care about is that I get to be home with him and we can be a "real" rather than a virtual couple for a week. 

Both Matthew and I knew that when we started this journey that it was not going to be easy but honestly I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful community of support as well as an extremely supportive husband who is in my corner cheering me along the way.

God has blessed me and at times it brings me to tears because I am so lucky to have people who love me.

Thank you all!

Love,

Jason Lucas