Tuesday, December 7, 2010

End of the Semester

I am sitting here writing and there are only 7 more school days in the semester.  I seems that this semester has just flown on by.  I have had a challenging few months here at seminary I had to get used to not having Matthew around, I then had to learn to be a student again including writing, to get a routine of being a seminarian and to get used to the warm weather (OK this is more of a joy than a struggle).  But I have made it, after this semester I feel that I will have much more self confidence because I have a history if I can do it once I can do it again!

This week I get to preach for the first time here at CDSP, I am talking about how important Mary is in my life and how she has taught me many lessons that I need and will need in the future.  In my sermon I am talking about my struggle with writing.  Mary was a symbol of humility and I had to experience that when I came to CDSP.  When I was working in the world, I was good at what I did, I knew things off the top of my head and I felt smart.  However, these past few weeks I have learned that I really do not know it all and that there are things that I continue to need to work on and even ask for help.  As many of you know I like to just do things myself and not always rely on help from others.  However, since coming to seminary I am realizing that I am not in this alone and that I can not do this alone.  I went and asked for help and they are getting me a tutor to help me with my writing. 

When I was home for reading week I had dinner with a great friend of mine, and she told me, "Jason you just need to ask for what you need!"  As hard as it is for me to do this it is true, no one can live on an island, it is vital to have a support network to walk with you in your journey.  I am so thankful that I have so many people here to support me through this journey.

Next Friday I fly back to Minnesota until January 23.  This is a long time that I hope will allow me to spend quality time with Matthew as well as to be able to see as many of you as I can and to spend some good snuzzle time with the animals. 

I ask for your continued prayers and support as I go down this road and please know that you will be in my prayers as well.

Peace,

Jason Lucas